Who We Are
Colne Valley Help (CVH) is a new charity that will take forward the work of local mutual aid groups, including Slaithwaite Mutual Aid and Marsden Help.
CVH aims to make a difference to the well-being of children and young people, families and individuals living in the Colne Valley. We want to help support our communities to thrive.
We do this by
- Helping people to access affordable food and other essential items
- Providing activities that support people to become self-sufficient
- Providing information and signposting people to other support services
How can we help?
- We run two Community Food Share Schemes in the Colne Valley. These provide pantry staples such as food and toiletries that have been donated or is surplus supermarket stock saved from going to landfill. The 2 schemes are in Slaithwaite and Golcar. See more details >>
- We create opportunities for volunteering both at the Community Food Share Schemes and at the Covid Vaccination Centre, Slaithwaite Civic Centre
- We organise pop up Community Cafes at locations throughout the Colne Valley
Who we Work With
We want to help meet people’s needs where there are gaps in services. We work in cooperation with other organisations by providing information and signposting people to their services.
How to Contact Us
How to Support Us
- Donations of non-perishable food and toiletries at Slaithwaite Fire Station, Golcar Drop By Centre and Marsden Mechanics
- Volunteer time – please contact us for an informal discussion about volunteering opportunities
- Donate funds – help us provide the support we offer by donating to Colne Valley Help via Just Giving using the Donate Now button above or by using our banking details: Sort Code 53-61-07 Account No 70700036
- Become a friend of Colne Valley help – We are seeking Friends who can contribute in any way they can:
- By making a monthly donation of £5/£10.
- Being available to volunteer when we need extra help. For example, at Christmas when we make extra hampers for users.
- Donate with Gift Aid so that we can claim an extra 25% on your donation from the Government.
If you would like to become a Friend of Colne Valley Help please download this simple Word document, fill in your details and email the form back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All information will be used in accordance with our GDPR policy.