Colne Valley Help Word Logo

Help with Fuel/Energy Costs

Here are ways you may be able to get help and advice if you are struggling with energy costs.

Radiator image

Contacting the Council

Call the Local Welfare Provision Team on 01484 414782 during office hours.

If you don’t have a phone to call LWP, there’s a free phone at the Customer Services reception, Civic Centre III, High Street, Huddersfield.


Household Support Fund for local families

Kirklees have set up a new fund to help struggling families with their food and fuel bills over the winter months.

The funding, which is from a central government grant, will go to all Kirklees families who are eligible for means-tested free school meals. Those who qualify will receive payments to support them through the school holiday periods in December and February. They will receive £50 per eligible child for the December school break and a further £25 for February half-term.

Find out more here: Household Support Fund for local families

Talking to your energy provider directly

The helpline number will be on your bill.

Contact Kirklees Citizens Advice & Law Centre

Citizens Advice opening hours are 9:30 am and 4 pm Monday to Friday and they can called on 03448487970

Local Energy Advice Partnership

Request a free energy assessment from the Local Energy Advice Partnership. You are eligible if you are getting certain benefits or have particular health conditions or other special circumstances.

Find out more here:

Cold Weather Payment

You may be eligible for cold weather payments between 1 November and 31 March if the weather drops below 0 degrees for 7 days in a row and you get certain benefits.

Find out more here:

Grants from a charity

If you have a support worker, ask them to help you to find and apply to a charity for a grant to help pay off your energy debts. They can search for charities that help with these costs on:

Admin Links

Registered Address: Colne Valley Help, 8 Kiln Hill, Slaithwaite, HD7 5JS
Registration Number: 1202732